Skip to main content

Prohibited Signs

Prohibited signs include the following: Signs in the public right-of-way; signs which move in the wind; including banners, pennants, balloons, etc.; signs attached to utility poles, traffic signs, traffic signal devices, and trees in the public right-of-way; roof signs; and off-site signs (billboards). Note: MD State law does not allow signs in the state right-of- way. A state road is identified by a number (Example: Route 355).

To File a Complaint about a sign in the State right-of-way, please fill out the MD SHA Service Request Form, by clicking on the first link below.

To File a Complaint about a sign in the County right-of-way, please see the topic "Zoning and Site Plan Enforcement Violation or Complaint Investigation", by clicking on the second link below.

Find more information from the following link(s):
To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.

Last Updated: 07/03/2019 11:11:33