Skip to main content

New Curb Request

Any request for the installation of new curbing, either concrete or asphalt and where no curb has previously existed, must be submitted in writing on behalf of the street, subdivision, or association to the Montgomery County Department of Transportation, Division of Transportation Engineering, 100 Edison Park Drive, 4th Floor, Gaithersburg, MD 20878. The curb request will be evaluated through the drainage assistance request program. MCDOT will assess the existing conditions of the street and determine the feasibility of new curb installation.

Please see URL below for the Drainage Assistance Request website or call 240.620.9115. Any request for the repair of existing curbs should be forwarded to Division of Highway Services (use keywords curb repair when searching the web portal). Highway Services is responsible for maintaining, repairing or replacing the existing infrastructure and not installing new curbs.

If the road is a numbered route such as Rte. 355, 117, please contact Maryland State Highway at 301.513.7300.

Find more information from the following link(s):
To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.

Last Updated: 04/19/2019 12:45:39