Skip to main content

Request Speed Hump Installation

Requests for a speed hump must be submitted in writing to DOT, Division of Traffic Engineering, 100 Edison Park Drive, 4th Floor, Gaithersburg, MD 20878 by the President of the HOA or the local citizens association. If there is no active citizens association, a letter must be submitted by a chairperson of a neighborhood traffic committee that represents a cross section of streets in the community. This process only applies to County-maintained streets. For streets maintained by a municipality or private development, those respective bodies should be contacted for requests of this nature.

If the road is a numbered route such as Rte. 355, 117, please contact the Maryland State Highway Administration at 301.513.7300.

Find more information from the following link(s):
To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.

Last Updated: 05/01/2018 14:30:18