Skip to main content

Temporary Electrical Service for Construction

During construction of a new, or existing building, or home, a temporary electrical service may be needed for tools, and other uses. A temporary permit is a stand alone permit and cannot be used for the wiring of the buildings or premises. A separate permit is required for the building wiring. The specifications for the installation of the Temporary pole or post to mount the electrical service on is available from the POWER COMPANY SERVING THE AREA OF THE COUNTY you are working in. The power companies are Potomac Edison, PEPCO, & BG&E.

Online users who have additional questions and would like to be contacted by a departmental staff member may submit a request by clicking on the Create Service Request button below. Please complete all of the fields in the Contact Information section, provide the property address in the Service/Incident Address information section and provide a brief description of the request in the Brief Description field.

Find more information from the following link(s):

Last Updated: 01/09/2019 12:49:04