Skip to main content

Failed Septic System

If a septic system has failed and sewage is visible or the odor of sewage is detected, it should be reported to the department of Permitting Services, Well and Septic Section by calling 311(240.777.0311 from outside Montgomery County). Someone from the Well & Septic Section will respond to discuss the process of repairing or replacing the septic system and the Department of Permitting Services will determine if an inspector must visit the site.

Note: All well/septic location requests are handled by submitting an information request form to DPS Customer Services Division. See "Obtaining Public Records from the Department of Permitting Services".

Find more information from the following link(s):

Last Updated: 09/30/2020 12:35:09