Skip to main content

Approval of Homeowners' or Civic Association to Obtain a Building Permit

DPS suggests to always check with the Homeowners Association (HOA) or Neighborhood Association before beginning a construction project. Their approval may be needed to build. Several municipalities within Montgomery County also require notification and/or approval before a DPS building permit is issued. Townships like Chevy Chase Village, Takoma Park, and Washington Grove require township approval prior to applying for a County building permit. For Montgomery Village in Gaithersburg, Churchill/Waters Landing Town Sector in Germantown or Clarksburg Town Center, HOA approval is required when applying for a building permit. The HOA's written approval must be presented when applying for the permit. If there is a neighborhood HOA, it is suggested that their approval be obtained and brought to DPS when applying for the County Building permit.
Find more information from the following link(s):

Last Updated: 01/08/2019 15:12:53