Skip to main content

Application or Renewal of a New Home Builder's License

Any company who constructs new homes in Montgomery County must obtain a Building Contractor's license from the Office of Consumer Protection. If a new home in Montgomery County is being sold, the legal entity owning the property must obtain a Building Contractor's license. Information to obtain or renew a new home builder's license can be found on Office of Consumer Protection's webpage referenced below.

Home improvement licenses (used for renovations and repair) are issued by the Maryland Home Improvement Commission 888.218.5925. Licensed builders can be found at the second and third URL link below.

Find more information from the following link(s):
To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.

Last Updated: 01/07/2019 09:55:50