Skip to main content

How to Apply For a Rental Facility License, Register a Common Ownership Community (COC), Pay a Bill, Upload a Document or Update an Account

An AccessMCG account must be used to apply for a license, update or upload a document for a Common Ownership Community (COC), pay a bill or update account information.

Click on the link to go to Access MCG. Users that do not have an Access MCG account must first register as a New (Individual) User and then select "Licensing and Registration" from the available programs. If users have difficulty receiving an AccessMCG verification email, they should email

To apply and pay for a rental housing license, select the option and follow the steps online.

To register a Common Ownership Community (COC), go to link #3 and complete the application with the Board President's signature along with the COC's Governing Documents, complete list of all street addresses and COC Registration fees based on the number of units built and sold at the end of each fiscal year in existence. View the fee schedule and more information at link #3. Complete COC Applications should be sent by mail to DHCA/L&R, 1401 Rockville Pike, 4th Floor, Rockville, MD 20852.

Property owners or COCs who have questions about the status of their application should see the topic: "Determining Whether a Rental Property is Licensed or the Status of a Rental License Application" as notifications are not sent.

Online users who have additional questions that require the expertise of a staff member, please see the topic entitled "Request to Speak with a Licensing and Registration Specialist" or click on the second link below.

Find more information from the following link(s):
To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.

Last Updated: 06/19/2020 14:02:44