Skip to main content

Adding a Family Member to the Deed of MPDU After the Expiration of the MPDU's Control Period.

After the expiration of the control period, the owners of an MPDU are not required to live in the MPDU. Upon the sale of the MPDU after the expiration of the control period, the owners will owe a shared profit payment to the County. Only a spouse or an adult child may be added to the deed. The spouse or adult child will be obligated under the MPDU program. The original owner(s) are obligated to remain on the deed. A written request must be made to add a spouse or adult child to the deed by sending an email to: Be sure to provide the owner's name, spouse or child's name, the address of the MPDU and contact information. The owner, spouse, or adult child will need to sign MPDU forms before adding a person to the deed.

The MPDU office does not prepare or record deeds. Information about recording a deed can be found by clicking on the first link below. It is advisable to speak with an attorney as to any legal or tax implications.

Find more information from the following link(s):
To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.

Last Updated: 10/26/2016 10:05:26