Skip to main content

Adding a Family Member to a Moderately Priced Dwelling Unit (MPDU) Deed during the Control Period.

Under certain circumstances only a spouse or adult child can be added to the deed during the control period. During the control period, all persons who are on the deed must live in the MPDU. If the MPDU was purchased while unmarried and the owner is now married, the MPDU program permits the spouse's name to be added to the deed. If the owner's child was a minor when the MPDU was purchased and is now an adult, the adult child's name can be added to the deed as long as the child lives in the MPDU. In either circumstance, a written request must be sent to: Be sure to provide the owner's name, spouse or child's name, the address of the MPDU and contact information. The owner, spouse, or adult child will need to sign MPDU forms before adding a person to the deed.

The MPDU office does not prepare or record deeds. Information about recording a deed can be found by clicking on the second link below. It is advisable to speak with an attorney as to any legal or tax implications.

Find more information from the following link(s):
To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.

Last Updated: 10/26/2016 10:00:25