Skip to main content

Report Stagnant Water on Private Property

Stagnant water can create a breeding grounds for mosquitoes. See Section 26-9(a)(12) of Chapter 26, Housing and Building and Maintenance Standards on the attached link for the Code reference. (Bottom of page re: public nuisance)

DHCA Housing Code Enforcement does not have jurisdiction inside the municipalities of Gaithersburg and Rockville. Complaints regarding rental properties within the City of Takoma Park are also handled by DHCA but complaints regarding commercial or owner occupied properties within the city limits are handled by the City of Takoma Park.

Online customers may file a complaint by clicking on the "Create Service Request" button below and providing the requested information.

Requestors who would like to remain anonymous, please indicate so in the "Brief Description" Field. Anonymous means that the requestor's name will not be released to anyone outside of the County, even under a Public Information Act (PIA) Request. The requestor's name and phone number are requested so that the responding department can contact the requestor to obtain additional information that may be required to address the complaint.

* The exact street address of the alleged violation must be provided to file a complaint.

* Please provide a brief description of the problem, along with a specific location (if applicable).

Inspections are typically conducted within 5 business days (dependent on the inspector's existing schedule and caseload). Ultimate resolution can take many weeks and even longer for cases that must be referred to court.

For the most comprehensive and up to date information regarding Mosquito control, prevention, reducing exposure, health risks, submitting a complaint, and many other topics, please click on the 2nd link below.

Find more information from the following link(s):

Last Updated: 01/08/2021 10:14:59