Skip to main content

How to Request an Absentee Ballot Application

An application for Absentee Ballot may be submitted by mail, fax or in-person. The Domestic (living in the United States) Absentee Ballot application may be downloaded from the State Board of Elections: "Request an Absentee Ballot" , or Montgomery County (MC) BOE below. The MC BOE can also mail, fax or email an application. When the registered voter's completed application is received by the BOE prior to the legal deadline (see application instructions), the Absentee Ballot will be issued. Applications may also be picked up at the BOE: 18753-210 North Frederick Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD. 20879. The BOE also has an IVR telephone line where one can be requested as well: 240-777-VOTE (8683), option for Absentee Ballots (please listen through all options). For active-duty members of the Armed Forces, Merchant Marine, Public Health Service, NOAA, and their family members, or For United States citizens who are living outside the U.S. for work, school or other reasons. the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) may be downloaded from the Federal Voting Assistance Program website (below). It also may be obtained from any U.S. Elections Office, at any Military base or through any American Embassy or U.S. Consulate office. Registered voters who last resided in Maryland prior to departing the U. S. may vote in Maryland.
Find more information from the following link(s):
To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.

Last Updated: 04/19/2019 09:10:07