Skip to main content

Unclaimed Property Tax Overpayment Notice

Homeowners with outstanding property tax refunds from 4 years or more ago will receive an unclaimed property notice informing them of the outstanding refund. To claim the refund the person must complete the bottom portion of the letter and the attached abandoned property claim form. The letter and form must be sent to the Treasury Office, address listed on form, with all required supporting documents no later than the date stated in the notice.

If the claim form and documentation are not received by the due date the refund will be sent to the State of Maryland, Comptroller of Maryland, Unclaimed Property Unit.

To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.

Last Updated: 03/10/2017 11:18:10