Skip to main content

Applying for the Child Care Subsidy Programs

The State of Maryland, Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) has responsibility for one of two child care subsidy programs that were formerly both managed by the HHS Child Care subsidy office. Purchase of Care or POC, is now called Child Care Scholarship (CCS) managed by Child Care Subsidy Central. The CCS Central office can be reached at: 1.866.243.8796, fax: 410.229.0053.

CCS Central handles: Application status or questions about existing cases; Confirmation of documentation sent or received by the office; Requests for application or a form; and/or calls from clients who have a subsidy or have questions.

The local HHS Child Care Subsidy office will continue to take applications for the Montgomery County Working Parents (WPA) program. If an applicants is income eligible for the State Child Care Scholarship Program, the local HHS Child Care Subsidy Program will deny the WPA application and mail the parent an application to apply for child care scholarship through CCS Central.

First time callers/people new to the process, may contact the HHS Child Care Subsidy office Worker of the Day at: 240.777.1177 for assistance on where to apply. Please contact CCS Central at the State directly, if caller has made application at the State office.

To complete an application for WPA, and for office location, see link below.

Find more information from the following link(s):
To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.

Last Updated: 02/27/2020 15:38:38