Skip to main content

Air Pollution - Indoor

Common indoor air pollution problems include odors and fumes, mold, and dust or other particulate matter. Please note that the code does not apply to the residential use of personal hygiene products, smoking in a private home, or residential cooking odors. Depending on the nature of the indoor air problem, the issue may be investigated by the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) or the Department of Housing and Community Affairs (DHCA). If this is a complaint regarding mold in a RESIDENTIAL RENTAL UNIT, please see the topic entitled "HOUSING COMPLAINTS" to file a complaint with DHCA.

Please refer to the link below for information about indoor air pollution problems that DEP handles.

Online customers wishing to file a complaint about indoor air pollution may do so by clicking on the "Create Service Request" button below. Please complete all required fields, and provide any information that will help DEP address the issue in the "Additional Information" box.

An investigator from DEP will typically contact resident within 3 business days, although resolution of the issue may take longer depending on the circumstances of the case.

Find more information from the following link(s):

Last Updated: 11/03/2016 08:43:56