Skip to main content

Zoning Setbacks

The setbacks for a property depend on the zone in which the property is located. The zoning of a property can be found on the Maryland-National Park and Planning Commission website, on the official zoning maps located in the Department of Permitting Services office, or in the information office of Maryland-National Park and Planning Commission. The development standards (setbacks) for a shed or deck can be found on the Department of Permitting Services Zoning Webpage.
Online users who have additional questions and would like to be contacted by a departmental staff member may submit a request by clicking on the Create Service Request button below. Please complete all of the fields in the Contact Information section, provide the property address in the Service/Incident Address information section and provide a brief description of the request in the Brief Description field.
Find more information from the following link(s):