Skip to main content

Bed Bugs in Private Homes, Hotels or Motels

Elimination and control of bed bugs is the responsibility of the property owner if bed bugs are in a private home. Bed bug infestation in a rental property should be referred to the Department of Housing and Community Affairs.

Bed bugs in hotels or motels in Montgomery County are investigated by Health and Human Services Licensure and Regulatory (L&R) Office. However, the municipalities of Rockville and Gaithersburg take complaints in their respective jurisdictions. Inquiries and complaints for these cities should be directed to: 240.314.8330, Rockville; 301.258.6340 in Gaithersburg.

Online users who have additional questions and would like to be contacted by a departmental staff member may submit a request by clicking on the Create Service Request button below. Please complete all of the fields in the Contact Information section then scroll down to the bottom of the page and provide a brief description of the request in the Brief Description field. Please also note the name of the hotel or motel in the description field.

The office of Licensure & Regulatory Services is located at 255 Rockville Pike, 1st Floor, Suite 100, Rockville, MD, 20850 and is open between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.

See web site referenced below for further information on bed bugs.

Find more information from the following link(s):