MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Applying for the Child Care Subsidy Programs
The State of Maryland, Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) has responsibility for one of two child care subsidy programs that were formerly both managed by the HHS Child Care subsidy office. What was formerly called Purchase of Care or POC, is now called Child Care Subsidy Central or CCS Central Program which is managed by XEROX through a contract with the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE). The CCS Central office can be reached at: 1.866.243.8796, fax: 410.229.0053.

CCS Central handles: Application status or questions about existing POC cases; Confirmation of documentation sent or received by the office; Requests for application or a form; and/or calls from clients who have a subsidy or have questions.

The local HHS Child Care Subsidy office will continue to take applications for the Montgomery County Working Parents (WPA) program. If the applicant?s income is eligible for the State Child Care Subsidy Program, formerly POC, the local HHS Child Care Subsidy Program will deny the application and mail the parent an application to apply for child care subsidy through CCS Central. First time callers/people new to the process, may contact the HHS Child Care Subsidy office Worker of the Day at: 240.777.1177. Please contact CCS Central at the State directly, if caller has applied at the State; if one needs to speak with CCS Central or an application was made through CCS Central.

To complete an application for WPA, and for office location, see link below.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Child Care Subsidy Program General Information

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.