MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Enterprise license, Movie Theatre, or Live Theatre
An enterprise license is required to operate the following: amusement parks, theaters, dance halls, for-profit swimming pools, athletic fields, parks, carnivals, circuses, roller skating rinks, miniature golf courses, driving ranges, pitch & putt courses, and pony rings. (License does not apply in Chevy Chase Village, Town of Chevy Chase, Gaithersburg, Garrett Park, Kensington, Laytonsville, Poolesville, Rockville, Town of Somerset, and Washington Grove.) Application and information is available online (see URL 1 and 2 below). The license application with all required approvals for a newly established enterprise must be published in a newspaper of general circulation in the county for at least two weeks prior to issuing the license. L&R arranges for the advertisement. Please allow sufficient time for this public notification. New facilities require a Use and Occupancy Permit and approval by the Fire Marshall -- contact the Fire Marshall (search the knowledge base). Applications must be received 30 days in advance of event or issuance of license.
Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Enterprise License Home Page
  • Enterprise License Application