MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Card Rockville
Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT), is the distribution of cash and food stamp benefits with a plastic debit card also known as an "Independence Card." Customers should call the Customer Service Center to request card activation, replacement cards, select or change a PIN, report a lost or stolen card, obtain balance or transaction information, dispute a transaction or to get help using the card. The telephone number is: 1.800.997.2222. Customers can check account balances online at the second link listed below. New cards and replacement cards are sent through the U. S. Mail. If a newly opened case is known to EBT, a card will not be automatically sent. The card will be issued through the office where the application was initiated. Training on how to use the card is conducted through the office that issued the card. Training is conducted from 9:30 AM -11:00 AM daily, at each office. If a customer has a card, they can begin using it again. If the customer had a card in the past but no longer has it, they need to call the Customer Service Center for a replacement. Please check the second link for zip codes served by the Rockville office.
Find more information from the following link(s):
  • DHR - Electronic Benefits Transfer Card Information
  • Offices by Zip Code
  • Benefits Issuance Schedule for Cash and Food Stamp Assistance

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.