MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Commercial Projects Requiring a Use and Occupancy (U&O) Certificate
A Use and Occupancy Certificate is required for all commercial space in Montgomery County. When the use or dimensions of the space have changed, a new Use and Occupancy Certificate is required. A Use and Occupancy permit certifies that a structure's purpose and construction standard meets the requirements for the zone in which it is located. Approval of the final inspection is permission to occupy the structure.
Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Commercial Use and Occupancy
  • Permits for Tents Code Interpretation/Policy

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.