MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Report an Untagged, Abandoned, Dysfunctional, or Inoperable Vehicle on Residential Private Property
Montgomery County Law requires all vehicles to be in operable condition and display valid tags on private property. Examples of vehicles in violation include flat tire, up on blocks, missing engine, no tags, and others. See Section 26-9(a)(8) of Chapter 26, Housing and Building and Maintenance Standards on the link below for the Code reference. If vehicle is on the roadway please see topic: "Untagged, Abandoned, Dysfunctional, or Inoperable Vehicle on the Public Street or Roadway" which is handled by the Vehicle Recovery Section of the Montgomery County Police.

Online users who would like to file a complaint regarding untagged, abandoned, dysfunctional, or inoperable vehicle on private property, please see the topic entitled "HOUSING COMPLAINTS" or click on the second link below.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Chapter 26 - Housing and Building Maintenance Standards
  • Housing Complaints

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.