MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Applying for the Child Care Subsidy Programs
The State of Maryland, Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) has responsibility for one of two child care subsidy programs that were formerly both initiated by the HHS Child Care subsidy office. What was formerly called Purchase of Care or POC, is now called Child Care Subsidy Central or CCS Central Program through the State of Maryland. The CCS office can be reached at: 1.866.243.8796, fax: 410.229.0053.

CCS Central handles: Application status or questions about existing POC case; Confirmation of documentation sent or received by the office; Requests for application or a form; and/or calls from clients who have a subsidy and have questions.

The local HHS Child Care Subsidy office will continue to take applications for BOTH programs, but now they ONLY PROCESS Working Parents Assistance (WPA). First time callers/people new to the process, may contact the HHS Child Care Subsidy office worker of the day at: 240.777.1177, or 240.777.1155 for recorded information. Please contact CCS Central at the State directly, if caller has applied at the State; if one needs to speak with CCS Central or an application was made through CCS Central.

To complete an application for WPA, and for office location, see link below.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Child Care Subsidy Program General Information

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.