MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Permit Requirements for Altering Residential Properties
A building permit may be required for altering a residential property. For more information on additions, decks, basements, driveways, electrical work, exterior work on historic properties, fences, fire repair, garages, hot tubs, HVAC, interior alterations, retaining walls, replacing structural members of roof framing, solar panels, sheds, signs, sunroom, swimming pools, wood burning stoves, fire place installation, changing the size of doors and windows or making new openings, changing building's use or structural alterations review the permit requirements by clicking on the link below.
Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Residential Additions and Alterations Information
  • Residential Swimming Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs Information

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.