Skip to main content

Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Card Rockville

Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT), is the distribution of cash and food stamp benefits with a plastic debit card also known as an "Independence Card." Customers should call the Customer Service Center to request card activation, replacement cards, select or change a PIN, report a lost or stolen card, obtain balance or transaction information, dispute a transaction or to get help using the card. The telephone number is: 1.800.997.2222. Customers can check account balances by calling the same number. New cards and replacement cards are sent through the U. S. Mail. If a newly opened case is known to EBT (meaning customer has had a card in the past), a card will not be automatically sent, because the assumption is that the customer has an existing card, which can be used when reactivated. If the customer had a card in the past but no longer has it, they need to call the EBT line Customer Service Center for a replacement. In extenuating circumstances, customers can get an EBT card from one of the regional offices (a case worker would have to complete a Vault Independence Card Referral Form on behalf of the customer). Please check links for additional information, and the second link for zip codes served by the Rockville office.
Find more information from the following link(s):
To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.