Skip to main content

Inclusion of Non-Biological Parent's Spousal Income in Child Care Subsidy Program Eligibility

Both the State Child Care Subsidy Program and the Montgomery County Working Parents Assistance (WPA) Program will consider a non-biological parent's (spouse) activity (married couple) and income because a family is treated as a unit with shared financial and care responsibilities for all children, regardless of whether the spouse is a biological parent of a child or children.

Online users who have additional questions and would like to be contacted by a departmental staff member may submit a request by clicking on the Create Service Request button below. Please complete all of the fields in the Contact Information section then scroll down to the bottom of the page and provide a brief description of the request in the Brief Description field.