MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Sign Permit
A sign permit for a permanent sign is required before any exterior sign, as defined by the Montgomery County Zoning Ordinance, may be erected in the County. This requirement applies to all types of signs, including free standing, wall-mounted, and marquee signs. Illuminated signs require both sign and electrical permits.
Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Sign Permit

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.