MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Overgrown Bushes, Shrubbery Encroaching Onto a Sidewalk or Roadway From Private Property
The property owner is responsible for maintaining bushes and shrubbery so that they do not grow over sidewalks and roadways which might cause a danger to the public. See Section 26-9(b)(5) of Chapter 26, Housing and Building and Maintenance Standards on the attached link for the Code reference.

To file a complaint regarding overgrown bushes or shrubbery encroaching onto the sidewalk or roadway from a private property, please see the topic entitled "HOUSING COMPLAINTS" or click on the second link below.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Chapter 26 - Housing and Building Maintenance Standards
  • Submit a Housing Complaint

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.