Skip to main content

Mobile Food Service Unit License or Complaint

A Mobile Food Service Unit is one that moves as part of its routine operation. Ex: Truck, Trailer, Vans or Carts with food being sold to the public. The vehicle must first be inspected and licensed by Public Health Services (PHS). Food vendors must obtain a vendor's license from the Department of Permitting Services (DPS) as well. The mobile unit base of operation must be licensed by an approved authority, with documentation that the base is a licensed food service facility, and the applicant has permission to use the facility for cleansing and storage. A private dwelling may not be used as a base of operation. The mobile unit must be brought to 255 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20850 for inspection and approval prior to operation. A licensed sticker will be attached to all approved and licensed mobile units, and will be mailed to the applicant. Inspections are done between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Parking is available on Truck Street, off Rockville Pike in Rockville. Personnel within the Licensure & Regulatory Services section are available to discuss questions during regular working hours (M through F) 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

For additional questions, or complaints about a mobile unit, include name; telephone number; and email address, scroll to the bottom of the screen and briefly describe request. One may download an application from the link below, or be made at 255 Rockville Pike, 1st Floor, Suite 100, Rockville, MD., 20850, hours above. License processing time is approximately 30 days. For complaints, send a service request and include name or site of unit.

Find more information from the following link(s):