MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Report an Untagged, Abandoned, Dysfunctional, or Inoperable Vehicle on the Public Street, Commercial, or Private Parking Lot
The Vehicle Recovery Section (VRS) is responsible for removing abandoned, unregistered, and junk vehicles from County roads and community neighborhoods. Problem vehicles on private community roads and parking lots must first be reported to the applicable Homeowners Association (HOA), who will contact the VRS office.

Commercial properties and private land owners may contact the VRS office for removal of vehicles. The towing service must be paid by the property owner/commercial management company. VRS hosts a monthly auction selling seized and abandoned vehicles. The section also manages the Police Towing Regulations and resolves complaints related to police-ordered tows.

For more information, contact VRS at 240.773.6411 or send an email to Recorded information and answers to frequently-asked-questions about VRS services are available 24-hours-a-day.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Vehicle Recovery Section

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.