MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Failed Septic System
If a septic system has failed and sewage is visible or the odor of sewage is detected, it should be reported to the department of Permitting Services, Well and Septic Section. Please provide the requestor's name, daytime telephone number, email, street address and description of problem. Someone from the Well & Septic Section will respond to discuss the process of repairing or replacing the septic system and the Department of Permitting Services will determine if an inspector must visit the site.

Note: All well/septic location requests are handled by submitting an information request form to DPS Customer Services Division.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Septic Systems