MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Utility Disconnection Assistance - Germantown
Emergency Services with Housing Stabilization offers assistance to Montgomery County residents who are facing utility disconnection (heating fuel included), or where the utility has already been disconnected. Grants may be available to eligible customers after submission of an application and an interview. Customers are seen on a first come, first serve basis and must visit one of the Emergency Services offices, based on zip code. If a customer is on the energy assistance program (OHEP/MEAP), please check that topic in the knowledge base.

Assistance is generally limited to once every 12 months, but special circumstances will be considered by the local Emergency Services regional office (or Housing opportunities office if in HOC subsidized housing). HHS customers must have a utility disconnect notice but non-profit groups can be contacted without a notice although an assessment by HHS may be required prior to acceptance of a referral.

HOC customers who are living in Germantown should apply at either HOC Office: HOC Gaithersburg Customer Service Center: 101 Lake forest Boulevard, 2nd Floor, 20877, 240.627.9792. HOC Silver Spring: 8241 Georgia Avenue, 3rd Floor, Silver Spring, MD 20910, call 240.627.9793. Call either office for an appointment; office hours for both locations are from 8 AM ? 5 PM. The Germantown Office is located at: 12900 Middlebrook Road, Germantown, MD. 20874. Hours: M-F 8:30 - 5:00. Please call the office at: 240-777-4448 to confirm that it services your zip code.

To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.