Skip to main content

Fire Hydrant Maintenance

The fire department does not have jurisdiction over fire hydrants. To express a concern regarding a broken, leaking, or inoperable fire hydrant, please call the entity that is responsible for the hydrant. If the hydrant is in a private development, or the city limits of Poolesville or Rockville, please contact those entities directly. If not, the hydrant owner is most likely maintained by the WSSC and they can be reached at 301.206.8000.
To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.