MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Serviceability Complaints: Service Not Available in Newly Built House
There are several factors that determine the availability of cable service. The house must be within 175 ft. from the street right-of-way, and the termination of the cable plant must be within 400 ft. Any greater distance would require a cable plant extension. Comcast is permitted to charge for the construction cost of a plant extension.

To file a Cable complaint, please see topic entitled "CABLE COMPLAINTS" or click on the first link below.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • File a Cable Complaint
  • Office of Cable and Broadband Services

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.