MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Serviceability Complaints: Service Not Available in Newly Built House
There are several factors that determine the availability of cable service. Although similar, all three County franchised cable operators have distance and density requirements associated with providing cable service. If cable service is requested in an area that is not currently serviced, a plant extension may be required. The cable operator has the ability to charge the service requestor for the entire construction cost of the plant extension needed to provide service. The cable operator may deny service if the distance and density requirements are not met as outlined in their franchise.

To file a Cable complaint, please see topic entitled "CABLE COMPLAINTS" or click on the first link below.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • File a Cable Complaint
  • Office of Cable and Broadband Services

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.