MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Connection or Change to Public Water/Sewer Service
The County's Water and Sewer Plan assigns a water category and a sewer category to every property in the County. The category identifies the method by which the property receives water supply and sewer service. These service area categories serve two functions: (1) they identify areas approved or planned for community water or sewer service and areas intended for service by individual (on-site) systems, and (2) they identify a mechanism for staging community service for those areas planned for community service. The mechanism consists of the use of service area categories W-1 through W- 5 (for water) and S-1 through S-5 (for sewer). To make a request for a connection, please create a Service Request below and include accurate address information on the property in question.

Occasionally it becomes necessary for property owners and developers to request changes in water/sewer category of a property. A formal category change request is expected in this situation. The information and forms may be found on the DEP Web site by clicking on the link below.

For inquiries requiring the response of a DEP investigator, requestors will typically be contacted within 3 days although resolution of the issue may take longer depending on the circumstances of the case.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Water and Sewer Service Area Categories