Skip to main content

Mechanical Permits Requirements for Pellet Stoves

A Mechanical Permit is required for stoves which use small pellets rather than regular wood. Applicants should complete a DPS mechanical permit application and indicate pre-fab fireplace and/or pre-fab chimney, (Apply on line Mechanical Permits will have a box for Woodstoves and Pellets stoves, when apply online is available). Installers need not be licensed by the state as a HVAC contractor but must be a licensed home improvement contractor.

Online users who have additional questions and would like to be contacted by a departmental staff member may submit a request by clicking on the Create Service Request button below. Please complete all of the fields in the Contact Information section, provide the property address in the Service/Incident Address information section and provide a brief description of the request in the Brief Description field.