MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Burning on Private Property
Open burning of material is prohibited in Montgomery County except under certain circumstances. In these cases, a permit is required from the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) and/or strict guidelines must be followed. Please refer to the link below for information about open burning in the County, including how to apply for a burn permit or file a complaint about illegal burning.

Online customers wishing to apply for a burn permit or file a complaint about open burning may do so by clicking on the "Create Service Request" button below. Please complete all required fields, and provide any information that will help DEP address the issue in the "Additional Information" box.

An investigator from DEP will typically contact the requestor within 3 business days, although resolution of the issue may take longer depending on the circumstances of the case.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Open and Recreational Burning