MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Permit Required for Fence, Deck or Shed
A permit is required for installing a fence, deck or a shed. For information on building permit applications and fees, please navigate to the Department of Permitting website. A Right of Way permit may also be required should the fence be located within a public storm drain easement. A Flood Plain District permit may also be required should the fence be located within the limits of a designated 100 year flood plain.

Online users who have additional questions and would like to be contacted by a departmental staff member may submit a request by clicking on the Create Service Request button below. Please complete all of the fields in the Contact Information section, provide the property address in the Service/Incident Address information section and provide a brief description of the request in the Brief Description field. A DPS will be in contact to discuss the types of permits needed for the specific situation or property.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Fence and Retaining Wall Permit
  • Deck Permit
  • Shed Permit