MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Maximum Occupancy For HOUSE OR APARTMENT
The size of the dwelling is used to determine whether it is overcrowded. There must be 150 square feet for the 1st person and 100 square feet for each additional person. Please note that if the dwelling has been inspected within the last 6 months and found to be in compliance with regard to overcrowding standards, a case will not be opened. See Section 26-5(a) on attached link for the Code reference.

To file a complaint regarding overcrowding, please see the topic entitled "HOUSING COMPLAINTS" or click on the second link below.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Chapter 26 - Housing and Building Maintenance Standards
  • Submit a Housing Complaint

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.