Skip to main content

Mice Rats or Rodent Complaints - Community Location OR Public Building

Elimination and control of mice and rats is the responsibility of the property owner, if mice or rats or other rodents are in a private home. If mice, rats, or rodent infestation is in rental property, please see the topic entitled: "Bedbug, Roaches, Mice, Rat Infestation/extermination in Residential Rental Units".

Rodents in hotels/motels, public buildings and in neighborhoods in Montgomery County are investigated by the Licensure and Regulatory (L&R) Office within Health and Human Services in Montgomery County. However, the cities of Rockville and Gaithersburg take complaints in their respective jurisdictions for Residential Rental Units. Inquires and complaints for these cities should be directed to: 240.314.8330, Rockville: 301.258.6340 in Gaithersburg.

Online users may submit a complaint by clicking on the Create Service Request button below. Please complete all of the fields in the Contact Information section then scroll down to the bottom of the page and provide a brief description of the request in the Brief Description field. Complaints may be submitted in person at Licensure & Regulatory Services located at 255 Rockville Pike, 1st Floor, Suite 100, Rockville, MD 20850 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday. For information on bedbugs, please click on the second link. For information on pesticide usage, contact: 800.858.7378.

Find more information from the following link(s):