MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Day of Burn Notification
Residents with an agricultural burn permit are required to notify both the Department of Environmental Protection and the Fire and Rescue Services: Division of Fire Code Enforcement on the day of burning, before lighting the fire.

A Service Request may be used to provide information to the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) of the lighting a fire for which a burn permit has been received. Creating a service request will only serve to notify DEP, there will be no call back from a DEP officer.

Creating a service request does not exempt the permit holder from the responsibility for notifying the Department of Fire and Rescue Services: Division of Fire Code Enforcement about the intent to light a fire. Call them at 240-683-6520 about the intent to burn.

For further information, please click on the link below. Customers may submit their burn notification online, by clicking on the "Create Service Request" button. Simply state that the permit holder is notifying DEP about the intended burn.

For inquiries requiring the response of a DEP investigator, you will typically be contacted within 3 days although resolution of the issue may take longer depending on the circumstances of the case.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Open and Recreational Burning