Skip to main content

Residential Projects Requiring a Use and Occupancy (U&O) Certificate

Beginning April 24, 2011 the Department of Permitting Services (DPS) will issue Use and Occupancy (U&O) certificates for new construction of residential dwellings. Applicants submitting building permit applications for new construction of a single family detached and attached dwellings must also submit an application for a Use and Occupancy Certificate. When the final building permit inspection has been approved, DPS will issue a U&O certificate for the home. The property owner may have this certificate mailed to them or they may pick it up from the DPS office. There is a $94.00 fee.
Find more information from the following link(s):
To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.