MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Home Business Operations License
Any homeowner in Montgomery County who operates a home-based business which generates more than Five visits to the site per week, or who provides a non-resident employee, must register his or her business with Department of Permitting Services. In addition, all home-health practitioners and lawn maintenance services are required to register.
An applicant must submit a Home Occupation Registration Certificate application to the zoning office of DPS. The application must include the following items: site plan, floor plan, photographs of the property.
If new parking is being created for the Home Occupation or Home Health Practitioners Office, a separate review will be conducted to ensure adequate drainage for the parking area.
A second kitchen in the home for catering or making food for off-site delivery or sales is not permitted.
The normal processing time for approval or denial of a registered home occupation application is ten days. The certificate is non-renewable and is valid for as long as the business remains in operation.

Online users who have additional questions may submit a request by clicking on the "Create Service Request" button below. Please provide the requestor's name, phone number, email address, and a brief description of the request including the type of business. A Zoning Specialist will be in contact to answer the question or concerns.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Home Occupation Certificate