MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Right of Way Permits for State (Roads) Routes
Any roadway that is numbered, such as 355 or 28, is considered a State road and therefore requires a State permit to perform any work in the right of way. The District 3 Office is located at 9300 Kenilworth Avenue, Greenbelt, Maryland 20770, and handles lower Montgomery County.

Contact the Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA) at: 301.513.7300 or 800.749.0737 for further assistance; or see web site below. Use the search box provided.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • State Highway Administration

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.