MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Removing or Pruning a Plant or Maintaining a Tree(s) on Private Property
If the tree is entirely on private property, no authorization or permit is needed from Montgomery County or the State of Maryland as long as the lot the tree is on is smaller than 40,000 square feet (a bit less than 1 acre) in size.
Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Trees on Private Property

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.