Skip to main content

Process to Address Returned Check for Recreation Program

"The Department of Recreation reserves the right to pursue all available options to collect any funds owed as the result of a dishonored check or credit card, charges incurred due to unsubstantiated credit card disputes, or any outstanding debt.

If a check is returned unpaid, the account will be debited electronically for the original check amount and a service fee. Please call the County's returned check contractor to check on the status of a check (800.666.5222 ext. 2) and to arrange payment. If the check cannot be redeposited, the account is closed, or payment has been stopped, please contact the Debt Collection Unit in the County Attorney's Office by dialing 240.777.6770."

To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.