Skip to main content

Interior Maintenance of Commercial Properties

With a few exceptions, there is no County department responsible for enforcing maintenance issues in the interior of stores, office buildings and other commercial establishments located within Montgomery County. Complaints regarding air conditioning, heating, dripping faucets and similar issues INSIDE of commercial buildings are not enforceable by Montgomery County Code. Exceptions include restaurants and other food establishments and PUBLIC swimming pools where enforcement is handled by the Health Department. (See topic: "Reporting Food Poisoning or Sanitation Concerns at a Restaurant") For complaints regarding the exterior maintenance of commercial properties, see topic: "Housing Complaints".

Life Safety or Fire Code violations in commercial buildings should be reported to The Department of Fire and Rescue Service. (See topic: "Report a Fire Code Violation".

To report conditions affecting the health and safety of employees in commercial buildings, contact Maryland Occupational Safety and Health (MOSH) by calling 410.767.2241.

Find more information from the following link(s):
To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.