MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Personal Property Business Forfeited
There are four steps for any entity to correct the "forfeited" status: (1) File all missing Annual Reports/Personal Property Returns for every year and pay the $300 annual filing fee for each year; (2) Pay the local county/city government's personal property tax bill for any reported property after the Department has sent an assessment notice to the local government; (3) Obtain a "tax clearance certificate" from the local government after any personal property tax bills have been paid; and (4) File "Articles of Revival or Reinstatement" with the Department by attaching a copy of the tax clearance certificate. Instructions and a form for reinstatement can be downloaded from the Department's "Business Data Search" page and clicking on "Get Forms" in the yellow banner for the main menu. Scroll down to " REVIVE A BUSINESS ". For further information, please contact the State Department of Assessments and Taxation for questions and fees at 410.767.4991.
Find more information from the following link(s):
  • State Department of Assessments & Taxation - Taxpayer Services
  • SDAT Departmental Forms & Applications Corporate Charter Division

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.