MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Block Party Street Closure Request
A permit is required to close a street for a block party or other event on a County maintained road. The first step in this process is for the resident to fill out and submit a permit application form. The form can be found and downloaded from the website referenced below. The completed form must be submitted 1 week prior to the event to the Department of Transportation, Division of Traffic Engineering, 100 Edison Park Drive, 4th Floor, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, or emailed to

If the road is a numbered route such as Rte. 355, 117, please contact Maryland State Highway at 301.513.7300.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Special Events

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.